Reading Break is over… Haters Gonna Hate, but Equators Gonna Equate. Let’s do this!
The Palliser club is now supported by the local map experts themselves… MapTown! If you’ve never checked them out they have some wicked vintage maps, regional maps, globes, trail guides, and GPS gear. We can’t express our gratitude towards them being on board, we now have some loot to give away at our events!
- Beer and Pizza this Wednesday (February 25). This will be the first chance to win some of the MapTown Swag. Last time we had a lot of new faces, and it was a blast! Your membership gets you Suds, Za, new pals, and a chance to win prizes during Geogpardy (Plus a bonus game to be revealed this week).
- Friends of Kananaskis Speaker Series. We also wanted to give you a heads up for these talks we have been working to put together that will guaranteed be informing and badass. You don’t have to be a member of the club or even a geography student to go, these are open to everyone! We will have a table set up with some coffee, snacks, and more information on the friends of Kananaskis. So come on by!
- March 11, 7:00PM Grizzly Bear Research in Kananaskis (John Paczkowski and Gordon Stenhouse)
- April 1st, 7:00PM Will Gadd’s Adventures of Kananaskis Country.
- Find out more information here: http://www.kananaskis.org/upcoming-events/
We don’t want to keep you too long so we’ll wrap it up quick here with a couple last things:
JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! : Lots soon to expire on the website, so apply while you can!
FREE SOUP: GEOGSA Soup and Slides: Feb. 25, March 11, March 25, 12pm in ES 342
SPEAKER: Davor Gugolj, “Remote Sensing in the Industries” 3:30-4:30 in ES 342
GEOGRAPHY OF BEER 2: In the works, as a banging ender for this semester.
More news soon.
The Palliser Club